This post is brought to you by people who are not me because I'm not homeschooling (yet). I simply have observed lots of these funnies while researching and learning about homeschooling. I'm hoping you can enjoy them as much as I have!
We plan on homeschooling next year and I've even already started buying curriculum and books! We're all very excited!
Related Post: Surviving College as a Mom
You Know You're a Homeschool Parent When...
- Your kids don't believe you when you say you don't know the answer to something.
- Your kids choose to ask Google, instead of you, so they can skip the 45 minute, relevant lecture.
- Planners get you excited.
- The kids ask where we're going when you put on jeans and/or make up.
- The dogs kennel themselves when you put jeans on.
- Booking vacations, you check to make sure public schools are in session.
- Ink has its own line in your budget.
- Your kids sleep until they're fully rested everyday.
- Your living room is now a classroom.
- You're out shopping and people ask your children (not you) why they aren't in school.
- Clearance school supplies get you excited.
- You can school at the beach, on the trampoline, in the backyard, etc.
- When you spend all of your Christmas break reading books that aren't related to your kids school work!
- It's Christmas break and you're working on schoolwork.
- Your family can enjoy matinee movies in near empty theaters.
- You get asked about "socializing" your kids. ALL. THE. TIME.
- Someone asks what grade your child is in and you say, "1st through 4th...depends on the subject."
- Recess lasts more than two hours.
Related Post: Today, I was a bad parent.
What would you add to this list?