This is just a quick post I wanted to share from Talon's seventh birthday. I always try to go all out on birthdays. Sometimes I'm more satisfied than others! Talon turned seven in September and we finally decided on Minecraft for the theme. I made a small, double stacked, square cake that looked like the pixel cake from the game. My mother gave me a lot of grief about making such a small cake, but with all the Minecraft themed snacks... Well, we had quite a bit of cake leftover.
None of the pictures I took turned out to be very high quality. I think I might have had a smudge on my lens and not realized it, but you should be able to catch the gist from what I've provided. A lot of google searching I found
This was a relatively simple idea and a pretty big hit with everyone, adults included. I did my best not to make all the edible Minecraft items candy, so you can see I had chicken nuggets (AKA cooked chicken), pretzels (AKA sticks), eggs, carrots, etc.
Corresponding Foods to Minecraft Items
- Gold Bricks Rolos or Mini Reeses with gold wrappers
- Emeralds green M&Ms or green rock candy
- Rubies red M&Ms, red hots, or red rock candy
- Diamonds blue M&Ms or blue rock candy
- Cooked Chicken chicken nuggets
- Eggs boiled eggs Sticks pretzel sticks
- Creeper Juice green koolaid or (what I did) add a tiny bit of green food coloring to bottled water
- Coal raisins
- Carrots carrots, obviously
- Dirt Blocks Chocolate rice krispies cut into squares
- Sand Blocks rice krispies cut into squares
- Water Blocks blue jello
- Lava cubed cheese
- Dynamite/TNT red twizzlers
FYI: That awesome collage template is from The Coffee Shop Blog.