Anniversary - 4 YearsSo March 31st marked four years of marriage for my husband and I. I can't explain how proud I am to have been married four years! Some people might not understand, but that's okay. For me, it's about the fact that there are people who don't make it a year (or even six months). It's about all the negativity associated with marriage in the modern day. I never placed much value on the institution of marriage. My husband and I are not religious in any worth-mentioning way. We're more philosophical than anything. Before getting married, I even told my husband that it was just a bunch of legalities and paperwork.
I'm not disagreeing with my former self. I'm simply reevaluating the way I feel about marriage now. The successes and failures we've experienced have built the relationship we now have. We've been in a relationship for six years; again, four of those were married years. We are expecting our third child (our first little girl). We've had good and bad times, as all do, and even an entire year that felt like mostly downs. Our relationship has cracked and been broken. Somehow, we've always managed to piece things back together for one reason or another.
We lack perfection in ourselves, our lives, or our relationship. However, there is a true love between us that I believe is the core to it all. It has kept us moving forward, even when it seemed impossible. Knowing this man is my husband and I am his wife brings a simple joy to me that I cannot explain. It truly is a blessing, even on the worse days.
Random Facts About Amanda
- I used to not have a favorite color. Now, I think my favorite color is green.
- I dropped out of school 2 weeks into my Sophomore year of high school.
- I still got a high school diploma.
- I attended online high schooling.
- I have worked full time (give or take) since I was 16 years-old.
- I have been with my husband since I was 16 years-old.
- I live within 15 minutes of 3 of my in-laws and their families.