No glow here, unless you count when my skin was oily. I had break outs galore!
Post-pregnancy my skin improved somewhat, but it's never returned to it's prior glory. Well this pregnancy has brought on another onslaught of adult acne and terrible skin, leaving me feeling very self-conscious and generally yucky. I just happened to remember this little trick and found that I still had to packages of gelatin left!
In order to make your own face mask or pore strips, you only need a few simple supplies:
- 1 pack or ~1 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp milk or water
- Container to mix/heat in
- Spoon to apply to face
- Add 1 package or approximately 1 Tbsp of unflavored gelatin to microwavable cup/bowl/container
- Add ~1 Tbsp water OR milk to gelatin and stir. Milk will help soften skin, but is not necessary.
- Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and stir again.
- Apply mixture to your face with spoon. WARNING: Container and mixture may be hot!
- Allow 10-15 minutes for the mixture to dry. The thicker the mixture the longer it takes.
- Peel off dried mix.