Homemade Fortune Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes per batch
- Total Time: Varies
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp melted butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat cookie sheet with butter/nonstick spray.
- Combine vanilla and egg white and stir until frothy.
- Add in flour, butter, salt, and sugar.
- Scoop out in teaspoon fulls. May take some practice to find the right size.
- Only cook 2-3 at a time, until you know for sure you can cook more.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until 1/4" of the rim is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and fold over fortune paper. If needed, drape over the side of a measuring cup to create the pinch.
- Place inside muffin cups to hold shape until cooled.