I have been meaning to post this recipe for a while now, but I needed to track down the original source (Andrea Dekker), who helped me learn how to make the absolutely perfect fried potatoes. She covers this all, more or less, so I can take very little credit.
Easier, Tastier Fried Potatoes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Salt & other seasonings
- Wash potatoes and allow to dry. Peel, if desired, also.
- Chop/dice potatoes. DO NOT SLICE.
- Combine potatoes with salt, pepper, and other desired seasonings in a bowl.
- In a skillet, heat at least an inch of oil. OIL SHOULD BE HOT BEFORE ADDING POTATOES!
- While oil is heating, microwave potatoes for 3 minutes. This will help you get the soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside.
- Pour potatoes in hot oil. Be careful. Cover with lid and cook on med/high heat for several minutes.
- Stir potatoes infrequently, but don't allow to burn.
- When all are browned, place them on a plate with towels or paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve and enjoy!